Hand-Dyed Sashiko Coverall Jacket, Indigo
From Blue Blue Japan: "[Our parent company] Okura opened in April 1993, in the quiet back street of Daikanyama, Tokyo. The Japanese meaning of "Okura" is a storehouse, full of old treasures and memories from one's childhood.
"Okura's main brand is Blue Blue Japan, [featuring] items of natural materials and natural dyes that are related with traditional Japanese aesthetics and the beautiful four seasons of Japan. We take in the [essential characteristics] of Japanese traditional art and craft skills through our own filter, and transform them into a unique collection."
- Made from indigo "sashiko" fabric
- "Sashiko" fabric is often used in Japanese martial arts uniforms, as it provides some level of padding during sparring matches
- Hand-dyed with natural indigo
- Fabric will fade significantly as the garment is used over time
- Underside of collar, front placket, and cuffs lined with lightweight cotton canvas
- Two front patch pockets
- Interior patch pocket
- 100% cotton
Made in Japan
|Chest (Pit to Pit)||20.75"|