The Hill-Side A-1 Jacket, Indigo Denim
The Hill-Side A-1 Jacket is a reinterpretation of our Hickoree's 1920s Civilian A-1 Moto Jacket. These jackets are inspired by an early 1920s US Air Force flyer's jacket prototype that eventually developed into the Type A-1 flight jacket officially issued in November of 1927.
The prototype was distinguished by the use of knit wool ribbing on the collar. Our version also incorporates construction details from 1920s motorcycle jackets, such as longer, roomier sleeves and a shorter hem that would allow for comfortably leaning forward on a motorcycle.
- Available exclusively at Hickoree's in the US and Journal Standard in Japan
- Indigo denim outer, lined with wool blend blanket lining stripe fabric from The Hill-Side
- Custom J.S. Homestead / The Hill-Side woven label
- Two-piece sleeves
- Horn button front closure, reinforced with backing buttons
- Single button loop collar closure
- Two front flap pockets
- Pen slot in right front pocket
- Adjustable brass buckle tabs at back waistband
- Outer: 100% cotton
- Lining: 45% wool / 33% polyester / 17% rayon / 5% nylon
- Collar rib: 70% wool / 30% acrylic
- Fabric origin: Japan
Made in Japan
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND IS NOW VIEWABLE ONLY AS PART OF OUR HISTORICAL ARCHIVE.