Low Top Vulcanized Sneakers, Royal Blue Canvas
From Shoes Like Pottery: "The hallmark of Shoes Like Pottery is the vulcanizing, or ka-ryu, process in Japanese, performed by only a select handful of shoe manufacturers around the world. In the ka-ryu process, each shoe is fired in a kiln which causes the sulfur mixed inside the raw rubber to chemically react, returning the rubber to its natural elasticity and creating a soft, flexible, and durable sole."
- Each pair is hand-sewn and hand-assembled
- Canvas upper cemented to rubber outsole using strong, flexible rubber adhesive
- Toe and heel areas interlined and reinforced with rubber, making for a long-lasting shoe
- Rubber seal stamped on sidewall of each shoe and individually embossed with SLP's logo, an abstraction of the "Uchide-no-Kozuchi" or "small magic hammer," a miniature hammer which, in Japanese myth, is said to grant the user's wishes
- The "ka-ryu," or vulcanizing, process involves firing the shoes in a 120 degrees Celsius (248 degrees Fahrenheit) kiln for 70 minutes
Made in Japan (Kurume)
NOTE: These shoes run about a half-size larger than standard shoe sizes.