Type 129 Slim-Straight Jeans, Woad "Best of Both Worlds" Twill
From Tender Co.: "Two of the main ways in which a weaver can determine the quality of a cloth are the direction the yarn is spun, and the direction the fabric is woven. Yarn can either be spun in an 'S' or 'Z' twist, and a twill can either be 'right hand' or 'left hand'. Cotton yarn is usually a Z twist, which when woven into a right hand twill tightens up and creates a firm, hard cloth.
"Tender's cotton drill has been specially designed and woven in England in a right hand twill, from S twist yarn. As this S twist is woven into a right hand twill, the yarn unwinds slightly, giving a fabric with the look of a right hand twill but the [soft, drapey] properties of a left hand twill.
"Woad is a member of the brassica family, which also includes cabbages, and is native to Europe, where it is has been cultivated since the Stone Age. While woad was grown to some extent in England, the sun and warmer temperatures of southern France meant that woad cultivated there was especially prized for its deeper, richer blue."
- Slim-straight fit, cut long for double cuffs
- "Best of Both Worlds" S-twist right hand cotton twill custom woven for Tender in England
- Hand garment dyed with woad from southern France
- Pre-shrunk during dyeing process
- 100% cotton threads form puckered seams due to shrinkage during dyeing process
- Lowered "V" yoke adds room in the seat for ergonomic fit
- Front pockets angled for ease of entry; pocket mouth will soften and curve with use
- Front pockets reinforced with hidden selvedge strip for durability
- Self-fabric front pocket bags
- "Snob's thumb" coin pocket with selvedge calico facing
- Single stitch "66" lined square back pockets overlap the yoke
- Reverse top-stitched inseam and triple stitched seat seam for longer wear
- 6 belt loops lined with selvedge calico
- Double folded hems for maximum "rope" fading
- Removable solid brass waist button is hand cast in small batches in England using time-consuming "lost wax" method
- Kick-pressed "Universal" copper dome rivets
- Riveted 2-button fly
- Signature removable care label at right hip
- Each pair is accompanied by a signed letter from the designer
Made in England
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND IS NOW VIEWABLE ONLY AS PART OF OUR HISTORICAL ARCHIVE.