Type 202 Oak Bark-Tanned Hook Buckle Leather Belt, Tan
- Leather is tanned for 18 months in oak bark solution and "curried" with a mixture of mutton tallow and fish oil
- The custom brass "hook" buckle is cast in small batches using time-consuming "lost wax" method
- The tannery is located in East Devon, England; leather tanning has been performed on this site since the Roman conquest of the British isles
- Belts cut from "stirrup butts," the thickest part of the hide that runs along either side of the cow's spine
- Tan belts are nearly 1/4 inch (6mm) thick, but each one varies depending on where on the butt it was cut
- Tan belt is completely un-dyed; natural leather allows for maximum aging potential
- Belts are cut and constructed in Somerset, England, with durable, waxed "tiger thread"
- The edges are left unfinished to facilitate attractive aging
- Pearly white "bloom" of the leather's natural oils resurfacing can be wiped off or left as patina
- Silver foil "TENDER CO." stamp and embossed size on reverse
Sizing: measurements listed are actual waist measurements, not your pants size. Please measure the circumference of your waist and compare to the measurements listed.
- Size 3 = 32" to 36"
- Size 4 = 34" to 38"
- Size 5 = 36" to 40"
NOTE: ALL SALES ARE FINAL ON DISCOUNTED ITEMS