Early Trainer, Natural Duck Canvas
The Hill-Side sneakers are responsibly manufactured by well-paid, highly skilled craftspeople in a beautiful, 140-year old factory in western Japan. They're sewn and assembled completely by hand, and are produced using a traditional vulcanization process that employs natural rubber that the factory processes in-house.
We visit the factory twice a year for on-site design and development meetings, and to inspect the production of our shoes.
- Natural, unbleached duck canvas
- 100% cotton
- Fabric origin: Japan
- Ethically manufactured at one of the world's oldest sneaker factories
- Inspired by early American military athletic sneakers
- Sewn and assembled by hand
- Vulcanized construction
- High-traction rubber outsole with raised heel
- Canvas-backed foxing tape
- Twill tape binding at tongue
- Logo printed on footbed
- Metal eyelets with chrome finish
- Molded logo heel plate
Made in Japan
NOTE: These shoes run about a half-size larger than standard shoe sizes.
NOTE: ALL SALES ARE FINAL ON DISCOUNTED ITEMS