TH-S & Co. S57-070 Selvedge "Sashiko" Fabric Necktie
- Double-faced plain weave cloth with supplementary "Sashiko stitch" warp simulates traditional Japanese hand-stitched textiles
- This thick, heavy cloth is used in Japanese martial arts uniforms, as it provides some level of padding during sparring matches
- 100% cotton
- Washed once to soften the fabric and remove some of the excess indigo dye
- Fabric origin: Japan
- Solid selvedge at both ends
- Label and loop trims constructed from USA-sourced natural cotton twill tape
- 57" long x 2" at wide end
- Made in the USA (New York City)
NOTE: these ties are significantly thicker than any we have made before. We think of them as the necktie equivalent to blue jeans made from 23oz denim: not the most practical necktie, but still really really cool. The fabric will soften considerably, making the tie easier to tie over time.
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND IS NOW VIEWABLE ONLY AS PART OF OUR HISTORICAL ARCHIVE.