Tokkuri Vase, "Endo Stripes" Motif
The Hill-Side Japanese Pottery is hand-thrown and glazed by artist Taro Endo in Mashiko, Japan -- a pottery town located two hours northeast of Tokyo, renowned for its role in the development of the modern Mingei folk art movement in Japan.
Over the past few years we've become close friends with Mr. Endo, and we find his personal journey quite powerful and inspiring. Endo-san started out his career by earning a law degree and becoming a banker in Tokyo, but then decided to drastically change course, setting out to pursue a new life as a potter in Mashiko. Starting an apprenticeship at the age of 26, Endo-san studied under a master potter for six years before beginning to produce ceramics under his own name.
We've been proudly working with Taro Endo since 2012 to bring his beautiful daily-use ceramics to customers outside of Japan.
- Hand-thrown and glazed by artist Taro Endo in Mashiko, Japan
- Made using all-natural materials gathered locally in Mashiko
- Features Taro Endo's proprietary cobalt blue and "Doro-Namijiro" natural white glazes
- Each piece is dipped in natural white glaze, and then hand-painted with an original stripe motif designed exclusively for The Hill-Side
- Stamped logo on base
- Dimensions: 4.5" across at widest point x 6.5" tall
MADE IN JAPAN